Saturday, March 19, 2011

Enigma

I love puzzles, hidden meanings, and riddles. I have a strong desire to figure things out, to uncover reasons and investigate results. I like secrets, and I can keep them safe.

And so perhaps Kimani is the perfect child for me.

She sees, but she doesn’t. She is beautiful, but she is a deviation. She is simple, yet a conundrum. Her skin still smells like it did on the day she was born. She mystifies me, stupefies me, and terrifies me.

Everything between us takes place on her terms. She shifts the lines on a whim. Any despotism on my part is matched with wild resistance. Her love for me is intense, and when she wants to express it, nothing can stand in its way. A hard earned smile from her enchants me.

I study her, memorize her, deconstruct her, analyze her... I try desperately to read her mind. Training her is like walking a tightrope, it exhausts my sense of balance. She makes me wonder. She makes me cry. She delights and inspires me.

She is my enigma.

7 comments:

The Sanchez Family said...

She is just a stunning human being :)!

Unknown said...

WOWSA! love the video! I am amazed at her talents with her feet!! Kimani is beautiful!! smiles

Cole said...

exactly as she should... sounds like she is her momma's girl- she's such a spitting image. So Lovely!

Dina said...

great photos! thanks for sharing

Sandie Flannery said...

She is intense: intensely beautiful!!

Ann Kroeker said...

Your post flows with beauty and love for your enigma. Thank you for sharing her with us, through your description and images.

Anonymous said...

i just found your blog, and am so glad i did.
there is a hopeful, ambient aching in your writing which flows from the soul behind it. i feel like i could sit on a bench at the park and watch you for hours cavorting with shadows and chasing after light. is that creepy? i hope not....i don't mean it so.

your little daughter the enigma takes after her mommy, and both are exquisitely lovely.

Post a Comment

Go ahead, say it.