Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Recipe Day at Kim's

I love to cook almost as much as I love to eat. Kim over at Kim and Her Coffee is doing a little Wednesday recipe thing and I have been sitting around fantasizing about what to make for dinner...

Delicious White Chili
1/2 medium onion (chopped)
1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
3 stalks celery (chopped)
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup mild green chilies

In a large frying pan, saute in 1 tbsp oil until just tender. Set aside.

2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1/2 cup milk
2 cups chicken broth

In a soup pot, melt butter, blend in flour, and cook briefly. Stir in broth and milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.

2 cups cooked great northern beans
2 cups corn
1 cup cooked turkey (chopped)
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup sour cream

Add to soup pot with sauteed vegetables and heat through. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese.

When I am feeling vegetarian, I add more beans and leave out the turkey and it is still delicious! The recipe says it serves four but I usually double it to ensure lunch the next day.

This recipe originally came from the cookbook Simply in Season. My whole family loves it, even the little guys.

Sorry there are no pictures of fresh ingredients in my lovely sparkling clean kitchen... I'll have to snap a few next time I make this (ah, or next time the kitchen counter is clean enough).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this great recipe. I love white chili and this one sounds really good!

Anonysister said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful. Maybe later this week...

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Especially for this weekend...expecting a considerable amount of snow...

Post a Comment

Go ahead, say it.